The Office of the City Clerk provides a direct link between the residents of the City of Soldotna, their elected officials, and agencies of government at all levels. The Office of the City Clerk serves as a conduit to the Administration, the Mayor and City Council Members, the public, and other agencies.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Management of the Soldotna Municipal Code;
- Records management and public records requests;
- Administration of city elections including the certification of initiative, referendum, and recall petitions;
- Preparation of City Council legislation, meeting agendas and packets
- Oversight of the activities and membership of city boards and commissions;
- Administration of records for the Soldotna Community Memorial Park
Our Mission: To assist the public in having access to and participation in their local government by providing impartial and timely information regarding the City's business and the City Council's actions. As the official historian for Soldotna, the City Clerk is dedicated to ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and accessibility of the City's official records.
"Never doubt that a small group of
thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it
is the only thing that ever has."
- Margaret Mead