Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Soldotna Public Library. The library recognizes that volunteers are essential to the productivity and efficiency of library services. Volunteers enhance the services that the library provides to the public. The Soldotna Public Library is committed to finding meaningful ways for the community to work together with library staff.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Meeting new people
- Utilizing your talents
- Learning new skills
- Making a difference in your community
- Having fun!
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
- Anyone who is 13 years old and older. Those under 18 years of age need a signed waiver from a parent/guardian
- Individuals who are reliable and able to stick to sometimes repetitive - but vital - tasks
- People who can commit to volunteering 2-4 hours a week for a 3-month period of time.
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS DO?
Volunteers may assist in the following areas
- Shelving library materials and keeping the collection in good shape
- Repairing damaged materials
- Helping customers use the library's online catalog and other electronic resources
- Helping with library- and library-sponsored events
Please contact us at 907.262.4227 to find out about current opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the form below and return to the library or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All volunteers are required to pass a background check prior to volunteering.
AFTER YOU APPLY
We will review your application, and if there are possible matches with available volunteer opportunities, we will invite you to attend an information session and interview.